New Year 2008

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Juneaudave

New Year 2008

Post by Juneaudave »

Hi Glen, MT, Erik, Bryan and others...

Happy New Years!!!! I haven't been posting (but have been lurking) for the last few years, but you know my heart is in stripping. I learned alot on the board and wanted to to share what I am up to. Hope this link works...had some problems tonight getting things to show...Happy 2008....Juneaudave

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=28584
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Dave, I have seen your posts on the Trailer Forum. That is a beauty! (even if it isn't a boat) :laughing

I hope you have a very good year in 2008. Don't be a stranger, you know where we can be found.
Juneaudave

Post by Juneaudave »

Glen....Ya know...we got to razz Dean from Eureka to finish his Redbird...that is such a nice build and he has it sitting on a rack awaiting completion. I'm planning on hauling the trailer and the Bob's Sp down from Alaska to his campout next summer in the Redwoods. A PM from you would do wonders :cool
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

I have bugged him several times about the Redbird and just gave up. It is a shame that he put that project aside so quickly but then he knows his priorities better than anyone. I guess I could give it one more attempt. :thinking
Erik, Belgium

Post by Erik, Belgium »

happy newyear in 2008

I haven't been posting either, very busy as single parent with the kids and all things in and around the house. Still building but at a slower pace (2007: SOF and several paddels).
My heart is here at this forum, where I learned and passed on the skills of stripbuilding in previous years.

take care of each other (and beware: working with epoxy -especially the hardener- isn't so 'safe' as many want you to believe).

happy 2008
Erik, Belgium.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Hi all, Just thought I would add my New Years thanks to all of you at this site. Great site and nowhere could you find more information on these builds. Thanks again and hopefully I'll post more often in 2008 also.
Cheers, Robbie.
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

Happy New Year, everyone! This site and Canoecraft helped inspire a great hobby for me. Thanks, everyone.

mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Juneaudave,

It's great to see you back. Your teardrop is beautiful. You do amazing work.

To all builders, camper builders too, Happy New Year :party
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Happy New Year to everyone! I just got back (well, almost back, still 3 hours of driving tomorrow but had to check in now that I have an internet connection) from the Dakota's and Minnesota visiting relatives for the holiday's. I woke up this morning in a small cabin on a lake. The water was completely calm (it was -4F). Just looking out over the expanse of white gave me new energy for finishing my current Freedom-15 build. I hope to have it done be for that lake (or any others in my area) have real ripples in them.

I hope you all have productive years (doing whatever you choose do do, be it building boats or any other direction you may take).

I'm remain extremely thankful for all of your freindship.

thanks
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Juneaudave

Post by Juneaudave »

Hey Randy...Happy New Years to you and yours!!!! It's always nice to hear from old friends and kindred hearts!!!
AkDan

Post by AkDan »

Well, I've been posting a lot :D. Really wanted to also say thanks for all the help. She's almost done. Have one more inner gunnel to glue on, then outers and varnish...

Happy new year and again thanks a bunch, I'd be lost without this place......
pwstndrf

Looking forward to 2008

Post by pwstndrf »

I'd like to wish everyone a Prosperious 2008!

I launched my first and only stripper, a 16 Ft. Peterborough in July 2006. I had the opportunity to get it in the water last year a few times. It was a real treat to use it.

:big grin
Still getting the hang of it. Needs some sanding and re-varnishing on the bottom (damn rocks & low water). A Spring project.

Although there's not a new canoe or kayak in the future, I decided to build another wooden boat, a 16 ft. Drift Boat, after looking on-line at several sites for plans I gave up and decided to design my own (never said I was smart). I laid it out 1/6 size ( to fit the posterboard I had). Have since had a friend transfer it to Auto Cad, to generate accurate templates. Also I have started building a 1/6 model of the hull for testing in the water. Hope to learn something!

Why am I telling you all this? Well, after spending the last few years reading 100's of posts on this forum I have learned a "bunch". It allowed me to be successful in building my stripper. I now feel I am ready for the next step. Wish me luck.

Best wishes, I'll keep reading/posting.

phil w.
Saginaw, MI

Keep your stick in the Ice!
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hey Phil, it's been a long time!

I hope you will eventually post a link to some pics of this new project. You know we love pics here. :laughing
pwstndrf

Post by pwstndrf »

Glen,

Happy New Year! Hope all's well there in QC!

I was surprised the other day at seeing your new picture by your name. I had downloaded it and used it on my computer's background image for a couple of years while I was building the stripper. I have since replaced it with one of my canoe. Funny thing I can't remember where I found it at the time.
I didn't keep in touch with the Forum this past year. Was there a Rendevous in 2007?
I'll keep in touch.

phil w.
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi Phil, there was no Rendezvous in 2007 but there will be one this year.

That photo is in a few places on this website and I have also seen it being used on the Noah's Marine website. It has been on my MSN Photo site for several years too.