Rather odd request

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
whitedogone

Rather odd request

Post by whitedogone »

Hi all, My first post but have been lurking here for years. I have a rather odd request. My son is working towards being an Eagle Scout. One project he is doing involves refurbishing old axe heads that he found in my grandfather's barn. He is just cleaning one up a bit, one he is working on polishing (one heck of a lot of work), and another he wants to try and give a Epoxy coating to. He wants to coat the rear portion of the head with Epoxy and Graphite leaving the front sharpened portion alone. The problem is he is finding that it will cost him quite a bit to buy the materials to do this job. What I am asking is that if someone here would have some leftovers he could use for such a small project. He is more than willing to pay for them. Please let me know if you could help. WDO
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

So, where are you WDO?

Second question is why? I can't imagine the epoxy/graphite coating staying on through actual use for very long. Or is this stuff tougher than I give it credit for?

Cheers,
Bryan
whitedogone

Post by whitedogone »

I'm in Illinois. I would think that it should stay on pretty well considering a lot of axes are just painted with good paint. http://www.stihlusa.com/handtools/PA100 ... g-Axe.html
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Where in IL? I'd be happy to help a scout. I'm a scoutmaster for a troop in Wheaon IL. I've got plenty of epoxy if you're close enough to take advantage of it.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
whitedogone

Post by whitedogone »

In Peoria
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Hey, I'll be in Peoria for about one week this summer!
whitedogone

Post by whitedogone »

[quote="Glen Smith"]Hey, I'll be in Peoria for about one week this summer![/quote]

That's going to be quite a paddle Glen. WDO
Larry in Champaign

Post by Larry in Champaign »

I'm in Champaign. If you ever get over this way let me know, I'll give you some epoxy.

Larry