Current Forum Statistics- please read!

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Joan and Ted
Site Admin

THANK YOU GLEN

Post by Joan and Ted »

Glen - as you well know this forum could not exist without your help and expertise......there are no words that would adequately express how important you are to Ted and I and to the countless folks around the world whom you have helped to create their own boat.
I know we all pray that you will stay interested and never stop what you are doing. - while Bear Mountain can absorb the cost of the forum - we could never afford to pay for what you do and for the knowledge you so freely give.......you are a super star and we are blessed.

Joan XXXX
Joan Barrett and Ted Moores
Bear Mountain Boats
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
705-740-0470
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

I appreciate the kind words of encouragement from everyone. I do this work so we can have a "family friendly" Forum for boat builders to communicate and share knowledge.
Everyone is doing a great job of it.

If we go back to day 1 of this new Forum, we have filtered through approximately 6000 applications in 6 years. This time of year is particularly busy since many people have probably received a computer for Christmas. The second busiest season is when school starts in the Fall. Students have access to the internet and can spread spam to their heart's desire since the message can only be traced to the originating computer, not to the person who actually used it.

I also have hopes that running a clean Forum will encourage more people to join and become interested in building Bear Mountain canoes and kayaks.

If this Forum had no members, I would be useless.
I would like to thank Dean Hubbard who taught me the ropes of Forum Admin and Mike Thompson who assists me when I am overloaded or absent for an extended period of time.

Many thanks to Joan and Ted for financing this website and the Builders' Forum.
doe4rae

Just adding my thanks...

Post by doe4rae »

... this forum has been invaluable to me as a first time builder! I am extremely grateful for the work that goes into maintaining it and to everyone that contributes and shares their experiences and for Bear Mountain Boat Shop hosting the forum. Terrific support... wonderful people!
Dawne Olson

"The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread" ~DH Lawrence
podunk

Thanks

Post by podunk »

Just wanted to add my thank you also. This is one of if not the best forums available for canoe building. The amount of information on this site is staggering. As I am building my first canoe I've found it very helpful. Also thanks to all who find the time to respond and give their experience to us newbies. Thanks again!
Big Woody

Post by Big Woody »

Thanks to Glen and all the others who make this site possible. It has been quite helpful and a joy to participate in. It would seem that no matter what problem I run into, somebody on here has run into it before and has a good solution.
edmontonian

Post by edmontonian »

Hi Glen,

I've just read this subject and wish to thank you for your perseverance in protecting the rest of us on this forum. We could not do it as safely or as well using this builder's forum without your computer savvy.

edmontonian