15' 6" Cottage Cruiser

Use the Project Directories as quick-reference tools to help you find other builders working on similar projects to yours.
doe4rae

Re: 15' 6" Cottage Cruiser

Post by doe4rae »

Karin,
Beautiful work! I'm excited to hear your report of how it feels in the water. Congratulations! :applause
Dawne
Dawne Olson

"The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread" ~DH Lawrence
Mihun09

Post by Mihun09 »

Alrighty, done, launched, and well, scratched already. Oh well, such is life, it isn't meant for show anyway.

Handled better than anticipated, not as tippy as we thought it might be but ballasting helped a great deal. We did tandem paddle it but it is just too small for our kind of tripping but Christine will easily be able to take it solo tripping.

I found it to be very responsive, it turns well and takes waves from all directions with ease. At no point did it feel like I would flip, and I did try at one point. It does get blown around by the wind, but even at 57 pounds it still is easily paddleable into that wind. Christine intends to try it with a double blade next year.

Photobucket album is updated but lets see if I can slip one in here...

This is Christine out in her new boat.

Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Wow! It looks great.
doe4rae

Post by doe4rae »

Very very nice! Congrats again! I hope you get some nice autumn days for paddling :wink
Dawne Olson

"The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread" ~DH Lawrence
GraMac

Post by GraMac »

Hello
Just about to dive head first in to my first ever canoe build – I have, after much deliberation, chosen the Cottage Cruiser - Plans have arrived and ready to go!
Tried linking to the various photos via the web link on this forum post and received the dreaded 404 – page not found.
Would you all be kind enough to reinstate the link(s) (or if available, point me to where you have saved all the photos now) please - as at this stage I am looking for as much reference material as possible.
Many thanks.
Graham
United Kingdom.