My health

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Glen Smith

My health

Post by Glen Smith »

Hi my friends, I suffer from emphysema and I asked to be put on the waiting list for a lung transplant. Last week I had a meeting with the lung transplant surgeon and the visit was an eye opener to say the least. There are many possible complications involved and I may not be eligible at all because of my osteoporosis. You don't want bones not healing when you have to cut open the chest. I have to find out which type of osteoporosis I have and then I will either be refused a transplant or I might decide it is not worth all the risk especially since it would not add any years to my life expectancy.
I will keep you informed of any new progress.
Snowman

Re: My health

Post by Snowman »

Glen,

Thanks for sharing the news about your personal situation. I hope that all goes well and that you will make the right decisions to improve your quality of life. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Snowman
Snowman back East
BearLeeAlive

Post by BearLeeAlive »

Hoping all goes well, and that you are able to get the operation, complete with healing bones afterward, and recover to a healthier situation.
-JIM-
Charley

Post by Charley »

We all hope for the very best outcome for you, whatever that turns out to be. Obviously, at least at this time, there is no clear cut answer. This makes all the "problems" we run up against building strippers seem trivial.
Charley Montgomery
Ottumwa, Iowa
mark m

Post by mark m »

I'll be pulling for you!
pumpkin

Post by pumpkin »

May good luck be with you through this. You'll be in my thoughts. Thank you, my friend. If you PM me an address, I'll send you a copy of my books to help with those long hours in the waiting rooms.

Matthew
Bryan Hansel

Post by Bryan Hansel »

I'm sorry to hear this Glen.