Drift Boat Plans/Kit

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Hoosier

Drift Boat Plans/Kit

Post by Hoosier »

Hello folks,

I apoligize if this is not the appropriate index to place this subject but did not where else to post.

13 years ago I constructed a cedar strip canoe with the help of Ted's book and this forum. I always appreciated the valuable feedback that I received from the forum in helping me with that project. As such I came to respect the opinions of this forum. That is why I am raising the following question here, because I respect the opinions found here.

I am interested in building a McKenzie style drift boat but am a bit lost with all the available vendors for plans and instructions that I have found out there on the internet.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences, good or bad, with a particular vendor or design out there, or recoomendations that you might share? I am looking at floating some tailwaters here in the KY and TN. I would also like to maybe float some bigger rivers like the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers.

Thanks in advance to any help you may be able to offer.

George