New to forum

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Micmacjay

New to forum

Post by Micmacjay »

Hi everybody. My name is Jay, I'm from the Niagara area. Ive been checking out the forums for a while and I was unable for register for the forums despight multiple attemps but I finally made it. I started my project Last Sept/Oct and halted mid November due to weather. The past few days I got back to it and I I'm just on a little break but my hull will be completely stripped today! I am building a Micmac from plans from a book I have. I'm sure you guys know the one. I cant think of the name of it at the moment. I just thought I'd share a litte a little bit more about my build. I chose the micmac design due to the uniqueness. I almost built a prospector. I started this build on a tight buget and I wanted to cut down on weight as well. I suppose I was setting myself up for trouble and doing things the hard way but everything has worked out so far. No bead and cove, 3/16" x 1" strips. Yes one inch! although I used some narrower ones on the turn of the bilge. I will be using Raka epoxy and 6oz and 4oz glass. Hopefully i can get some photos up soon to share.
Jim Dodd

Re: New to forum

Post by Jim Dodd »

Welcome Micmacjay !

This is a great place to share your experience, as well as inexperience !
Keep us posted on your progress !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Jay, tell me a bit about your problems registering. I do checks (for known spammers) and approve new entrants to the forum but don't recall seeing you attempt before. I'd like to understand whatever problems you may have had.

You can private message me if you like.

thanks
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Micmacjay

Post by Micmacjay »

Every time I tried to register it went to a screen still on the bear mountain website with half a page full of computer code stuff. I tried multiple times in the fall and then again yesterday. Same thing. It did it again today but then I actually received a notification in my email confirming my registration. And I tried registering from multiple computers.