Next!

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
hughhallhh56

Next!

Post by hughhallhh56 »

Well the weather turned cold here about 4 weeks back so no more canoeing for the year. That lead to me finishing the second Rob Roy up and well start thinking about the next. Here are some pics of the second Roby.
IMG_20151110_160947.jpg
IMG_20151118_181221.jpg
IMG_20151118_181320.jpg
I see a fair bit of interest in the Ranger lately on the forum. In my mind I keep going back and forth between the Ranger and Bob's special. I am wanting a smaller tandem canoe that is stable as possible. Any comments on which would be better for stability?

Hugh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Dodd

Re: Next!

Post by Jim Dodd »

Nice set of Robs there Hugh !

As far as the Ranger, versus the Bob's ? I've not paddled either. I can only offer that seat height is a big factor in stability.

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

According to Bear Mountain, both the Ranger and Bob's are listed as "Comfortable for most paddlers". The Bob's has a stability factor of 100, while the Ranger is slightly higher at 104.
http://www.bearmountainboats.com/pages/ ... g-a-design
Helsche87

Post by Helsche87 »

It looks like very good. :laughing
Thanks for your recommend. :applause
The man who has made up his mind to win will never say "impossible".hulle6