CNC molds/cleat issues

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Norm

CNC molds/cleat issues

Post by Norm »

I purchased the CNC molds for the Prospector Ranger from Bear Mountain. The stern molds do not have a notch to fit over the #6 mold form cleat. It seems odd they don't have a notch cut and equally odd to have to move the cleat to the other side of the #6 mold form line. Most of the pictures I see of the the stern molds has a notch, they don't look Bear Mt CNC molds. The picture of the CNC molds set up on Bear mt web site shows the cleat on the other side, but that mold doesn't look like mine. This is my first build and I am afraid I am missing something. Should I cut a notch or move the cleat?
Jim Dodd

Re: CNC molds/cleat issues

Post by Jim Dodd »

I don't think it will make any difference either way you do it.
But me I'd position the cleat on the back side of the form. No need to cut the notch.
It just requires a little measuring to reposition it.

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thank you. I am glad I did not over look something obvious. Now on to over think the next step.
Jim Dodd

Post by Jim Dodd »

Norm
I wish I'd have errored on the side of caution at least a few times in my life !
You will do fine !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!