reminiscing

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
mtpocket

reminiscing

Post by mtpocket »

Hello friends,

I was in the area (on the net) and thought I would drop in and say hello. I haven’t been around for a few years and I sure do miss this forum and the awesome builders that post here. Some I have met, some I feel like I have. Some, like my old buddy Glen Smith are up in heaven but are probably praising each and every builder on here. It’s great to see the interest continues. I never lost interest, just needed to take time off and focus on other projects. I will drop in more often and make sure my good friends Randy and Denis are still giving good advise.

mtpocket
Patricks Dad

Re: reminiscing

Post by Patricks Dad »

Great to hear from you MTPocket... I've thought about you and the wonderful work you have shared on this site. This site is better for your presence. I was fortunate enough to attend the Bear Mountain Boats Rendezvous in Westport in September before a trip to Algonquin. Definitely missed you and Glen while there

Best regards.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

Ditto

Brian
Jim Dodd

Post by Jim Dodd »

I too remember you, mtpocket. Welcome back !

I'm sure you remember Juneaudave ! I often thought if I made it to Alaska again, I'd try and look him up ! He's another that has faded away !

Seems a little quiet around here lately !

I'm sure things will pick up more in the Spring !

Good to hear from you !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Thank you for the kind words Randy.

There are so many builders that I remember their user names and their small craft projects. I enjoyed seeing them build some mighty fine boats. I appreciated the great advice I recieved. I cannot number the members that helped me along the the way but Juneaudave was one of them. I’d enjoy meeting him also. Dean in Eureka was another. He was an administrator on here with Glen Smith before I was. The list goes on and you guys are on that list.

I attended the first and third rendezvous in Peterborough. Ted and Joan know how to put on a great event. I got to meet them, Glen Smith, Walter Walker, Kirk Wipper, Steve Killings, Dwight Boyd and many many more. Anyone who hasn’t attended should make plans to real soon.

I was happy to see the names Jim Dodd and Cruiser still active. It brings back memories.