number of strips needed for 15' ranger.

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Oregon Paddler

number of strips needed for 15' ranger.

Post by Oregon Paddler »

Can anyone provide the number of 16' 3/4' strips to plank a 15' Ranger??

Thanks
Diego,
When I keep my gratitude a little higher than my expectations, it's usually a good day.
Stephen

Re: number of strips needed for 15' ranger.

Post by Stephen »

This Bear Mountain kit comes with 64 strips, but their width is 13/16" not 3/4" so that might make a bit of difference. It's said to be enough strips for any canoe except the Nomad and the Prospector.
https://www.bearmountainboats.ca/collec ... =776510255
Oregon Paddler

Post by Oregon Paddler »

Thanks, I'm getting wood from different places & trying to calculate when I have enough.
Diego,
When I keep my gratitude a little higher than my expectations, it's usually a good day.
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

the ratio of 13/16 to 3/4 would suggest needing 70 strips instead of 64. This is assuming the 13/16 and the 3/4 refer to the actual width covered on the hull rather than the width of the strip before bead/cove are cut (assuming you will bead/cove the strips - which will narrow the coverage of the strips a bit)....

Hope this helps.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Oregon Paddler

Post by Oregon Paddler »

Thanks
Diego,