Another Bear Mountain Ranger Build

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
compass

Another Bear Mountain Ranger Build

Post by compass »

I know that there are a lot of Rangers out there but every one of them is different and each took a different path from start to finish. I started my journey with "Canoecraft" as my main source of information and I would highly recommend it to anyone along with their companion videos including Nick Offerman's build video. I also did a lot of searching on this and other forums where answers can be found to most of the questions that us new builders always have. Thank you to the members here who were so helpful and supportive to me throughout my build!
My particular build journey took 20 months from start to finish although I did take many breaks along the way. Some days it seemed like I would never get to my final destination and I'm sure that this is a common feeling for new builders. Building a cedar strip canoe is a LOT of work and the biggest project that many of us will ever undertake. If I may offer one word of advice it would be to just try and do at least a little bit each day or even every few days. Just don't let it go too long because days can easily turn into weeks and weeks into months.
Here is a video compilation of pictures I took during my build process that I hope you will enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezbrZY9ccho
Thank you!