Canoe type help? Suggestions

You don't know which boat you should build to suit your personal needs? Please post your questions here and our many contributors will surely have some good advice.
Mag1

Canoe type help? Suggestions

Post by Mag1 »

Hi all, new here, so please forgive me if I am asking vs trying to search out the various types. I am looking for my next wood project. I have built 2 strip built SUP’s for my family, and would like to add a canoe to the mix. I have Canoecraft, read and reread many times. What I am trying to figure out, is what would be the best fit for my perceived uses. It would be a 2 person, but also manageable for a solo trip as well. Used on smaller lakes, and rivers in Wisconsin. Some of these lakes do have boat traffic. I would also like to be able to use it during our achery season for deer, so if it could hold some gear and possibly a critter a time or two. Would it be possible to add a small outboard? Square back? As you can tell, lots of uses, lots of questions, not many answers on my side. Lol. Any insight, guidance, go check this or that out, would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
Mag1

Re: Canoe type help? Suggestions

Post by Mag1 »

Also forgot to mention, I am a designer by trade, and so making a new set of plans is not out of my scope of work. I am capable of class A surfacing, think of you cars body panels, ect….
Stephen

Re: Canoe type help? Suggestions

Post by Stephen »

Bear Mountain sells plans for a 17' square stern canoe. I don't know how well it would work as a solo canoe, but should be able to carry a deer. https://www.bearmountainboats.ca/colle ... e-stern-17