Kayak deck design

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
Randy

Kayak deck design

Post by Randy »

Hello to all,
New member, first post. Long time member of Nick Shade's forum, may it rest in peace. Greatly missed by me :(
I am just starting my 6th kayak, a Georgian Bay by Rob Macks. I "hope" I have progressed sufficiently to go from straight line trim lines to curves.
I read somewhere that one way to do it is to lay out the deck just past the curve locations then use a router to cut the curve. I would like to know more about this method before I try it, or any other method for that matter. If anyone can point me to past articles here, video's, etc. I would greatly appreciate it.
I helped start a biplane forum in 2006 that now boasts 5000++ members. We are always rehashing old information for new members so I apologize in advance for asking for something that has already been discussed. I will spend the next several evenings going through old posts here looking for "tid-bits" of info.
Thank you,
Randy