Recent Build

If you know a good tip or technique to help get through a construction "stumbling block", please post it here. If you have questions concerning building problems, please post them on the "Builders' Forum".
Patricks Dad

Recent Build

Post by Patricks Dad »

The forum has been down the past couple days. Thanks to the BMB staff (Matt Snell) for getting it back up!

Here's a link to a video done by an excellent builder who filmed his whole project and put this together. It's really excellent and contains many good builder tips.

Take a look..

https://youtu.be/sWsENCrMi3c
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Jim Dodd

Re: Recent Build

Post by Jim Dodd »

Nice video !
Glad the site is back up !

Thanks !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
Preneau

Post by Preneau »

Enjoyed the video… many good quick tips !
Moosewalk

Post by Moosewalk »

Here it is 2024 and this video is gold for the beginner. Thanks for this link.
Brad Image
Moosewalk

Post by Moosewalk »

I will be starting the Resolute Kayak soon. Waiting on the forms I ordered from Bear Mountain Boat Shop. I have limited space and so getting as many parts and supplies pre-made before the build. What is the opening size of the Kayak coaming sold at Bear Mountains store? Probably will be buying the strips from Bear Mountain as well. Still looking for local sources in Massachusetts. I will document progress as I progress on the build. I am a retired teacher looking for a new hobby. Thanks for all your help and knowledge.
Brad Image
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

a prior builder might have this info but I sent an email directly to BMB to ask your question. They may reply back here on the forum directly. If they reply to me via email, I'll repost the reply here.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Moosewalk

Post by Moosewalk »

Thanks for the quick response. I just found out the Forms were being sent out without the cradles. According to the Bear Mountain Boat Shop they were supposed to be included. Waiting on an answer from Jason at Noahs Marine. Jason has been a big help so far.
Brad Image