Vancouver Meet at the Beach

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Rod Tait

Vancouver Meet at the Beach

Post by Rod Tait »

The Fourth Annual Vancouver Meet at the Beach is scheduled for Sunday, August 22 at Barnet Marine Park in Burnaby, B.C. Last year there was over 20 boats with even boats from our neighbours to the south. Each year it gets bigger and bigger, so we are expecting more this year. We also hope to have a few discussion groups and maybe some on water demos or clinics. More information to follow as it develops. Check out the link for a printable informtion page or contact me by clicking on the www option to include your boat. The social to follow is sponsored by Orca Boat's and held at the shop. http://www3.telus.net/orcaboats/meetatbeach.pdf
Juneaudave

Post by Juneaudave »

Thanks for the invite...I can't make it but take a lot of pictures!!!
Rod Tait

Just a little paddle !!

Post by Rod Tait »

C'mon Dave,
Just think of the beautiful coastline you will see paddlling your way to Vancouver. You can make it if you start now. There's FREE FOOD.

Post by Guest »

I'd have to take the Bayliner to go that far, but the main engine clunked out ten minutes from shore last weekend on the way to the halibut grounds. ':cry:'
Daryldog

Now you tell me!

Post by Daryldog »

Sounds like a good event. I'm just finishing up two 16' prospectors (installing gunwales over next few days) and I'm looking for any excuse to show them off. Hope to meet up with a few local builders on Aug 22nd.

Any Vancouver area builders who are around 1st and Lonsdale this weekend, drop by for a chat (I may put you to work installing a gunwale!).