Who won the strips???

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Woodchuck

Who won the strips???

Post by Woodchuck »

I cleaned the garage, work bench, floor, etc. in anticipation of winning the cedar strip drawing. My entry was in early and I'm ready to go... JUST TELL ME I WON...
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
bluedcanoed

Who won the strips?

Post by bluedcanoed »

I suppose I still have a chance, but pretty soon I'll have to start ripping my own.
Rob from Hamilton

strips

Post by Rob from Hamilton »

Just wondering who won the strips.
Was it me?
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

Rob, I'm betting it wasn't you. I think the first letter is correct however.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Rob from Hamilton

strip winner question about your comment

Post by Rob from Hamilton »

Hi Patrick's Dad,
I'm pretty sure I didn't win, but what did you mean by "the first letter was correct"?
Rob from Hamilton :thinking
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

R(andy) :cool
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
wil

Post by wil »

I think all of us that entered the drawing wonder who was the lucky winner. I'm about ready to start my canoe and if I were lucky and was chosen, it sure would save a lot of time and effort not having to rip, plane and bead and cove the cedar.

wil
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

The drawing was to be held on May 31st but they didn't say when they would tell us the winner... It's now June 9th... Am I still in the running or was the winner picked and is being held incognito??? Maybe it's a surprise... My molds are being cut as we speak... I can use them thar strips...
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
camper1

Post by camper1 »

well???
bluedcanoed

Post by bluedcanoed »

Still hoping!
Glen Smith

And the winner is...................

Post by Glen Smith »

Joan is quite busy and hasn't gotten around to announcing the winner of the cedar strip package so I will take the liberty of advising you that Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill is the lucky winner, congratulations Joe.
Woodchuck

Strip Winner...

Post by Woodchuck »

I won $2 in the lotto once several years ago but nothing like this... The timing is perfect and I have been working with Joan, Glen & Ron to make all the arrangements and the plans are to pick up my strips tomorrow, Friday morning. I promise to keep all informed as to the progress of my Nomad and I will attach photo's of the strips when I return.
:eyebrows :razz :applause :laughing :wink :cool
CYA for now, Joe
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI
Glen Smith

Post by Glen Smith »

Joe picked up his prize today: Image
mtpocket

Post by mtpocket »

Congratulations Woodchuck :applause

Now for the update? It's been 36 hours since you got the strips. Are you past the stems yet? :laughing
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

The strips must adjust to their new climate, country, parents and temperature of the concrete floor, etc. This has been a very traumatic experience for these young strips. 241 wind blown miles on top of a pickup truck all wrapped with plastic unbreathable tape and nylon straps... how would you like it...

They are now resting quietly with the gunwales on top and will be staying there until the station molds are done, the strong back done, the stems done, etc. and this will take me more than a few days. I am going as fast as I can but with the plans I have for the accent strips, ama's, aka's, clamps, etc. it will not be a quick job. I have lots of time and this will be a labor of love.

I promise to develop a web site with photo's as I go but that's a few weeks away. BTW, Indiana isn't that far away, do you want to help build???
:thinking

CYA, Joe
Joe "Woodchuck" Gledhill
Garden City, MI