Midwest Meet at the Beach 2007

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Ross Leidy

Midwest Meet at the Beach 2007

Post by Ross Leidy »

Meet at the Beach 2007 (Midwest)
Home-built kayak/canoe Rendezvous

Saturday June 2 - 10:00AM
Macatawa Beach, Holland State Park
Holland, Michigan

Come and show off your boat and see what other builders are doing. Have a great day of swapping ideas and doing some paddling on Lake Macatawa and out to Lake Michigan.

For those who would like to camp overnight or for the weekend, there are many sites still available in the Woodstock Loop of the Macatawa Camp Ground.

We are planning sunset cruises for both Friday and Saturday evenings and maybe a “Dawn Patrol” for Saturday morning.

For further information Contact
Don Harper Prcaspian10th@yahoo.com
Tim Eastman

Post by Tim Eastman »

OMG! !

That's my backYARD! Finally I get to meet some of you guys and see your work first hand. Better finish Chris' 38 Special.
Tim Eastman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be an example worth following
pwstndrf

Meet at the Beach 2007 (Midwest)

Post by pwstndrf »

Ross;

Is it necessary to sign up prior to the Rendevous or can we just Show UP?
Looking forward to coming.
:applause
Ross Leidy

Post by Ross Leidy »

You might want to check with Don Harper, but I think it's pretty informal - just show up with or without a kayak. I was only able to attend once a few years back, but I'm planning to be there this year. I hope to see some of you there.

Ross
pawistik

Post by pawistik »

24 hours of straight driving at 100 kph should get me there.

Here's my route according to Google Maps.

Maybe instead I'll get to the Vancouver version (hosted by the folks at Orca Boats) some year. In the meantime, I want to plan wooden baot get-together for the fall of this year here in Saskatoon. [If you are from this neck of the woods & are interested or have some ideas, be sure to get in touch with me.]

Cheers,
Bryan
Jeff in Farmington, MI

Post by Jeff in Farmington, MI »

I would very much like to attend this event since I live in Michigan. However, I haven't been able to get in contact with Don Harper.
Does anyone else have any other details on this event (contacts, where to meet, schedule, etc)?