Happy Holidays !

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Jim Dodd

Happy Holidays !

Post by Jim Dodd »

Happy Holidays !
May next year be the year you build that special Cedar Strip canoe !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
sedges

Re: Happy Holidays !

Post by sedges »

HA! Maybe 2020 will be the year I get to finish the TWO unfinished boats in my shop. I retire at the end on 2020 so it might stretch into the next decade! Especially to finish the sailboat. I managed to make it to the solstice without lapsing into hibernation.

Happy New Year to all new builders and old sawdusted shop rats, too!
Jim Dodd

Post by Jim Dodd »

AH ! Retirement !
Enjoy and good luck with the boats !
When I retired, I dove into building canoes ! It helped me SLOW down gradually.
Spending more time paddling now. Made it out Christmas day for a 10 mile river float. Unusual for here in Iowa !
Happy New Year

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
sedges

Post by sedges »

We paddled Tuesday afternoon. 70 degrees and sunny here in NE GA. A good 20+ degrees above normal.

These may be my last boats, but you never know. One is an English 20 from the old Canoecraft book and the other is a very ambitious Catspaw Dinghy with centerboard, rudder, mast and spars. All interesting puzzles as the plans were adapted from plans for a carvel planked boat. It was not my idea and the partner that I started it with is long gone. If I build anything new it will be solo canoes. The Freedom solo for sure and maybe another Rushton Vayu, which I have built in the past for a customer and would love to have to paddle again.

I'll be pushing the limits of light weight composite with wood core. I like my 30 pound MR Indy, but I miss the wood boats.

Looking forward to time in the shop and much more time paddling. Only 11 months!
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

You would love the Freedom Solo, I have built 2 .... so far.

Happy holidays to you all.

Brian
Patricks Dad

Post by Patricks Dad »

sadly, I just sold my Freedom Solo last weekend. I'll need to build a second one.
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

Hi Randy ... coincidentally, I just sold my first Freedom this last summer. I needed to make room for this winters boat and my friend was insistent he was buying it.

Just finished the plans for the new build and am just starting on the prelim details, should have the forms cut in a few days.

Brian