Newbie just saying hi

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Lee in Sweden

Newbie just saying hi

Post by Lee in Sweden »

Hi guys ! I was directed here by Matt from Bear mountain boats (apparently you’re a nice bunch 😏)
I Already recognise a few of you from the Facebook forum and you’re all extremely kind , helpful and overwhelmingly patient, so it feels good to be in familiar territory here!

And hey guess what ? I have no questions !!
It’s all good. I’m fixing the lid on my strong back tomorrow and drawing my station lines and starting * to level up my forms.

I’m in no hurry , coz that makes me anxious and those of you who know me , know well that I like to have clarity before ploughing ahead!
Those of you who don’t know me , I moved to Sweden from the Uk 11 years ago and I’m building my first (Freedom 17) in my boathouse down by the lake. It’s on a bit of a slope so Ive had to build a stable platform over the gravel floor. My strong back is sitting on this, level,( On The xy axis)and today I built an extra support base for the slopes end, just to help with the z axis in help getting my forms 100% level (& marking the waterline, which I happened to clumsily omit on my forms thus far). After this I’ll be removing the support and cracking on...

Great to be here
Happy paddling/ building guys.
Ps, they say it takes on average 150 hours to build a canoe. Well - I think I’ve stood around scratching my head pondering and figuring things out for 75 of those hours already 😂

I better get a move on eh?
Patricks Dad

Re: Newbie just saying hi

Post by Patricks Dad »

Welcome to the forum Lee!
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

Welcome aboard

Brian
Jim Dodd

Post by Jim Dodd »

Yes, Welcome Lee ! I too recognize you.

To me it's important to Enjoy the Building Process !
If I'm not in the Mood ? I don't work on a canoe. If I did, it would turn to Work.
That would take the Fun out of it ! However I'm in the mood most of the time.

Enjoy your Build !

I met a builder by the name of Eric van Woerkens, from Belgium. It amazes me how many other canoe builders there are from across the Water !
We are glad to help each other out !

Jim
Keep your paddle wet and your seat dry!
compass

Post by compass »

Hi Lee, I'm new here myself. Good luck with the build! (I may boost that average build time up by the time I'm done!) ;)