Spammers

This is the place for everything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Patricks Dad

Spammers

Post by Patricks Dad »

I've made some changes to the forum. We have had a massive number knuckleheads creating accounts and posting useless spam on our forum over the past several months.

Accounts were previously auto-approved if users pass an antispam filter. It wasn't working. So now, each new account request will be evaluated by a moderator and approved or summarily deleted without comment. We get very few legitimate new account requests so the bulk of the requests will be deleted.

Also, newly registered accounts that are successfully added will be in read-only mode until the account is moved off of the "newly registered account" list.

If you try to create a legit account but are blocked, feel free to send an email explaining your situation.

Hopefully this will remove much of the annoying spam we have been hit with...(and it's much easier for me to delete an account before it is created than clean up the mess after they spam us.

Thanks for your patience.

Randy
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com
Moosewalk

Re: Spammers

Post by Moosewalk »

Thanks for blocking the Spam. Noticed that in a few early posts before I joined.

Thumbs Up!
Brad Image
Patricks Dad

Re: Spammers

Post by Patricks Dad »

I've sent an email directly to BMB to see if they can answer your question. I'll post back when I get an answer (or they my post directly).

Thanks
Randy Pfeifer
(847) 341-0618
Randy.Pfeifer1@gmail.com