Pics of my Indian accent strip

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
Dean in Eureka, CA

Post by Dean in Eureka, CA »

Thanks Bernie,
I was very fortunate to be blessed with great kids. I'm not too impressed with the strongback. I used shop grade plywood that had some built in twist to it and it ended up in the strongback also. On my next project, I'm going to go with an I-beam, drilled and tapped to secure the plywood top. That stained glass piece is a mural of a local fronteersman named Seth Kinman. Seth was quite a character. He gained national recognation by building and presenting four different presidents with his elk horn chairs. I agreed to store it for thirty days, about ten years ago. It was done by Savoy Studios, mainly by Dan Legree a friend of mine. They moved up to Portland, OR and went big time. Dan tried to donate it to a local museum, but they turned it down because it is rumored that Seth killed a few Indians in his time. He ended up donating it to a local heritage society and they asked me if I would store it for a short time. It was intended to go into a local hotel restoration, but the project fell through. It was originally valued at $30,000. Seth's relatives have agreed to buy it from the heritage society for $1,000 and they are trying to find a place to put it on perminant display. I tried to get the new local library to take it before the relatives supossedly bought it, but I was turned down for the same reason. I look at history this way, what happened back then is what happened, the only thing we can change about it is our attitudes and apply them to the pressent times. Meanwhile, Seth gets to watch me and the kids build this canoe.
Everything will be OK[img::]http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/images ... uryi3b.gif[/img]

Dean in Eureka, CA
otten

Post by otten »

dean,
you sure can back up your talk with your work.
nicest accent stripe i've ever seen.