Who is building?

Welcome to the new Bear Mountain Builders Forum - an interactive internet service we provide to encourage communication between canoe and kayak builders
cedar stroker

Post by cedar stroker »

:applause
Just finished my bear mountain C-1 marathon cedar racing canoe. Boy,what a project. Turned out wonderful. Also put coat of epoxy on my We-N0-Nah kevlat Sundowner,and revarnished my Jensen C-2 kevlar racing canoe. All look like new for another year of use.
gulo

Endeavor 17 in progress

Post by gulo »

Howdy,

I am in the process of building an Endeavor 17'. I have the hull about 50% stripped and hope to begin fiberglassing the hull in about 3-4 weeks (I will be on vacation for two of them). I am building without staples using primarily wedges and it has been an interesting process, but things have gone fairly well so far. Lets hope it continues.

Bret
David James

Post by David James »

Hey,

it's the Freedom 17 is for me. About 2/3 of the planking is done using 1/2" strips of light and dark cedar milled in the old garage. Progress is slow but sure using the thin strips, but things are beginning to look good...

Dave in Glenview, Illinois
"If given six hours to chop down a tree, spend the first four sharpening your ax." - Abraham Lincoln
JeremyT

Post by JeremyT »

I should check in here too...

I'm just about to start stripping tonight on my NW Cruiser from Northwest Canoe.